This fine stone church was designed in the stripped gothic style by Alexander North. It was built in 1891 from locally quarried sandstone by stonemason Thomas Lewis.. The church has a fireplace at the back which is used throughout the winter months.. A notable feature is the number of fine stained glass windows. The tower was not completed until 1929..
The pipe organ is located beneath the tower directly in front of the bell ringing rope.
From the 1992 OHTA Conference Book:
The present church was begun in 1887 and consecrated in 1891.. It was designed by Alexander North in a simplified French Gothic style and built of sandstone quarried nearby. This cruciform church still awaits the completion of the north transept and spire. The elegant interior incorporates a large stone fireplace at the west end and double arcades screening the transepts. The fittings are to North's designs, including the stone font and the choir stalls with stylised fleur-de-lis ends in the shape of fern fronds. The east window is by Hardman of Birmingham.
The organ was built in 1862 by Samuel Joscelyne, of Launceston, for the fomer church building which still stands in the town. It incorporates a splendid cedar case in classical style incorporating three towers and two flats containing gilt dummy pipes. The instrument remains essentially unaltered from the original and was restored in 1967 by K.R. Davis of Launceston.