Bossley Park was named after John Brown Bossley (181072), an English chemist who purchased a large block of land on Smithfield Road. He named his property Edensor after a village in Derbyshire, England. When the area north of Edensor was subdivided in 1890, it became known as Bossley Park. The public school was built in 1890 and a post office in 1895. After World War II, Bossley Park received many migrants from Italy, who have since played a large role in the local community.